1–25 of 50 items | Next »
Can Chicago's Southland be rebuilt?
- Apr 24, 2017
- "A small set of urban pioneers is buying property on the South Side and in the south suburbs, not with gentrification or house-flipping—let alone price appreciation—in mind. "
Can Millennials Become The Saviors of Chicago?
- Rashanah Baldwin, Apr 24, 2017
- Movements such as My Block, My Hood, My City, From The Go, Good In Englewood, Hugs No Slugs, Black Youth Project 100, Assata’s Daughters and BRAVE are led by millennials who are fighting to…
New Englewood Senior Ministry Celebrates 1st Anniversary & Black History Month
- Rev. Joel Washington (Khunanpu Sangoma), Feb 28, 2017
- UnChained Ministry (UM), an Englewood-based faith community of Black Church believers, "called to serve seniors and their extended families," celebrated their 1st anniversary as well as Black History…
Credit & Money Management Workshop
- Feb 2, 2017
- Join NHS Chicago and Teamwork Englewood As They Present: Credit & Money Management Workshop on February 11th.
Credit and Money Management Financial Workshop: Preparing for Homeownership
- Jan 27, 2017
- February 11, you're invited to attend a free Financial Workshop on Credit and Money Management as you prepare for homeownership.
Large Vacant Lots Available for $! through January 31
- Deborah Crable, Jan 13, 2017
- Property oweners can purchase vacant lots for one dollar and Teamwork Englewood willassist witht he application process.
Free Home Buyer Workshop
- Jan 12, 2017
- Join NHS and NLS experts for a free HomeBuyer Workshop in Englewood. Tuesday January 24th 3:30pm-5:00pm at the Greater Englewood CDC 4th Floor inside the U.S. Bank Building (815 W. 63rd Street)
$1 LARGE LOTS PROGRAM OPEN THROUGH JANUARY 31
- Deborah Crable, Nov 29, 2016
- Large Lot applicants have until January 31 to submit applications to purchase up to two vacant lots on the block where they currently own land or property for $1 -ONE DOLLAR!
For Immediate Release: Englewood Community Groups Launch Quality-of-Life Fund
- Nov 14, 2016
- During a summit outlining the next steps in the ongoing transformation of the Englewood community, organizers today unveiled the Englewood Quality-of-Life Fund to raise much-needed funds for…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Next Phase of Englewood Community’s Rebirth to be Unveiled Saturday, Nov. 12
- Nov 11, 2016
- The second phase of Englewood’s Quality of Life Plan—originally developed in 2005 and executed by the community with the support of the City of Chicago and the LISC/Chicago’s New…
First Time Home Buyer Education Workshop
- Oct 24, 2016
- First Time Home Buyer Education Workshop: Explore the steps needed in buying a home and the resources available in Englewood.
NHS Chicago Launches Mortgage Relief Campaign before Dec. 30 Deadline
- NHS Chicago, Sep 19, 2016
- NHS launches campaign to provide relief to homeowners that are underwater, have a high interest rate mortgage, have experienced a financial hardship or risk losing their home to foreclosure. Some…
Illinois Hardest Hit Program Relaunches
- Sep 15, 2016, make a comment
- IHDA Illinois Hardest Hit program relaunched on August 1st with the opening of the online application portal: https://www.illinoishardesthit.org/
The 1,000 Mile March: The Journey to Justice Continues
- Jul 20, 2016
- Join the 1,000 Mile March on Saturday, August 6, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. on 63rd and Kedzie Avenue as we walk through nine city blocks into Marquette Park, celebrating the legacy of the Chicago Freedom…
Basement and Community Flooding Study
- Fushcia Hoover, Jun 14, 2016
- I am conducting a research study in Chicago south side neighborhoods about resident experiences with flooding in their basements and communities during or after it rains.
Englewood Host: NeighborWorks(R) Day 2016-June 4th
- Jun 3, 2016
- The rain won't stop the Englewood NeighborWorks Day on this Saturday June 4th. However if the rain is unbearable, we'll be moved indoors to the 4th Floor of the U.S. Bank Building.
Save The Date June 4, NeighborWorks Day Returns
- May 2, 2016, make a comment
- Working Together for Strong Communities® NeighborWorks Day is a fun day of service. Englewood will host NeighborWorks day June 4th 9am-1pm.
Creative Placemaking with Teamwork Englewood
- Teamwork Englewood, Apr 25, 2016
- Teamwork Englewood with the generous support of the Kresge Foundation and LISC hosted a community workshop on creative placemaking.
Englewood Quality of Life Plan
- Teamwork Englewood, Apr 18, 2016
- What does it take to rebuild a community? It takes the entirety of it. How might Englewood in the hand of dedicated resdients look different that it does today? Read more about the Englewood Quality…
Englewood Block Club Workshop
- Apr 8, 2016
- Southwest Federation Block Clubs of Greater Englewood 007th District Englewood C.A.P.S presents Englewood Block Club Workshop April 9th.
Englewood Police Youth Baseball League is Recruiting!!!!!!
- Andrea NaTay, Mar 21, 2016
- Englewood Police Youth Basbeball League is now recruiting for the 2016 Summer season. The mission of Englewood Police Youth Baseball League is to strengthen relationships between the Englwood…
Free NHS Home Buyer Education Seminars
- Mar 8, 2016
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago is proud to offer many classes and workshops for individuals looking to buy a home and for homeowners looking to learn more about home maintenance.
At Your Service
- Valerie F. Leonard, Aug 6, 2015
- Crystal Sowemimo, the Community Outreach and Development VISTA with Holsten Human Capital Development, will be a guest on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, August 10,…
The People's TIF's
- Valerie F. Leonard, Jul 1, 2015
- Carolina Gaete and Cecile Carroll DeMello, Co-Directors of Blocks Together, will be guests on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, July 6, 2015, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. …
ComEd Provides $10 Million in Financial Assistance to Customers in Need
- Mar 25, 2015
- 2015 assistance funds to help customers facing financial hardship avoid service disconnection
1–25 of 50 items | Next »
What's going on in Englewood? Share your story and become an author on the portal.
What people are saying
May 18, 2017
From RAGE Updates
May 5, 2017
From RAGE Updates
May 1, 2017
From RAGE Updates
» More local blog news